This accessibility statement applies to skillsforstudy.com
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- listen to the website using a screen reader (tested using Pericles TTS plugin and Google Chrome)
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- transcripts and subtitles are available for most video content
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Most of the PDF documents on the site aren’t 100% accessible. However, they can generally be read with screen-reader software and are searchable. It is the metadata and structure of the files that need improving
- There is some metadata missing on a small number of forms within the institution admin area. These forms are still interactable
- Some videos don't yet have captions and/or transcripts, but this is being worked on and they will be available by the end of March of 2021.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com explaining your issue.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
We are committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Many older PDFs are not accessible in a number of ways including missing document structure and missing metadata. However, they can be searched, and can be read using screen reader software. We aim to go through and make all PDFs on the site fully accessible by the end of December 2021. Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
A form control does not have a corresponding label. This occurs within some tables in the institution admin area of the site and fails the WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.2. It will be fixed by the end of March 2021.
A small number of videos do not have captions and/or transcripts. The missing content is currently in the process of being uploaded and we aim to have this completed by the end of March 2021.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 30/11/2020. It was last reviewed on 19/01/2021.
This website was last tested on 19/01/2021. The test was carried out internally by Skills for Study staff.
We have reviewed all page templates to test the website.
This accessibility statement is based on the sample version provided by the UK Government.